September 11, 2012

Leaving gets harder

We drove down to Durban last Thursday, my dad, brother, husband and I left in the pouring rain at 15:00 in the afternoon and drove the entire five and half hours in a seriously heavy storm. The drive down to the coast is always head clearing , I know exactly how the landscape will change and how my mind will become clearer and clearer as the air changes from crisp and thin to humid and salty. I don't need any entertainment on the way down, I've done that trip a few times a year for over 23 years and those 5 to 6 hours seem like nothing to me now.

We drove down to meet my mom and younger sister and brother to spend 4 days. My mom and I spent two full days totally absorbed in helping put together my cousins wedding and then celebrating it with all our family and their friends. The rest of the time we just relaxed, when you're at home you never feel the need to fill every moment with activity and Durban is as home as my family could ever be.

Needless to say those 4 days went by way to quickly and this was the first time that I can remember actually crying as we drove away from the city and started the climb back up to the highveld. I always feel so free there; in the endless hours I can spend on the beach, how my siblings are happy to just spend the entire day surfing, to go running through the hills on my own over looking the coastline and harbour be gone for an hour and no one worries.. Life seems calmer and simpler.

Bisou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you, please check back for my reponse. ♥