September 5, 2012

Freedom



This isn't my picture, this is one of those images that some how wondered onto the Internet without someone to claim it.
I've been that person, looking over a shoulder, driving through forests, over mountains, in mist and sun, at night. The wind whipping my face, I feel like I'm running, not away from something but too something incredible, something I haven't found or seen or experienced. 

 I snuck out of a sleeping house and squeezed onto a bike with 3 friends in the dark night and rode through the hills of the Himalaya's, arms out- completely free.
I drove from Nice to Monte Carlo with my husband on honeymoon, we rode along the coastline and ate hot pasta to warm up..We rode back in the winter rain and laughed until we cried standing drench in our hotel room.
We've driven down tiny dirt roads in a quieter part of Phuket searching for a beach and into the forest in Krabi amongst those strange mountains that spike out of the ground.

I've explored and escaped, searched and just driven because the road kept going and we were happy to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you, please check back for my reponse. ♥