July 4, 2013

I'M BACK

I read alot, ALOT of blogs, to such a point that I'm that girl in conversations who references blogs to help out those in a dilema. I've also enjoyed the interaction with bloggers so much so here's a post and maybe there'll be another, maybe not.

Something big happened in 2013, we found my husbands biological father. My husband was adopted by his biological mothers parents at birth (his grandparents for those who didn't catch that) and they were his mom and dad his whole life. He told me he was adopted when we first started dating (flip 7 almost 8 years ago now) and this bugged me for so many years not because he ever felt anything missing but because we knew so little about that part of his family. Anyway long story (without too many emotional details) short I found them in January. His biological father and his wife, his little brother and two little sisters, along with his amazing Gran and grandfather and all his aunts and cousins.
There were many tears from all, many stories about how we all were living so close together but had never seen each other (you see my husband is his fathers twin) and now we're a BIG family, and it turned out my husband comes from a greek family- which we didn't know.

so here's a few of the photos.


My husband with his oldest "little" sister

My husband with his youngest sister
My husband with his little brother


Their first day all together

Adoption was an incredible blessing in my husbands life, he has been incredibly loved all his life and now we have been blessed with even more family that love him so much. Its also been exciting to meet people who look like my husband and strangely he shares so many characteristics of his family and even the silly things like his love of white chocolate, I know blood doesn't always mean a connection but in this case the bond was immediate.

Its taken me a while to figure out how to write this, the main feelings that have run over through all of this is love and joy, so much of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you, please check back for my reponse. ♥