November 16, 2011

India- New Delhi

I've been trying to decide for a while how to summarize in a travelers terms the two and half months I spent in India, the truth is it changed my attitude to so many things and most importantly travel. Writing about India makes me feel like I'm writing about an intimate friend, telling all their secrets. My trip made me realise that every place I travel is someones home, the places you may describe as "not really my kind of place" is where someone walks everyday, where they make their memories. It gave me a knew respect for every city I visit, it pushed past my personal boundaries, made me get my hands dirty, made me hand over my heart yet made me realise that I was only a guest and I can never lay claim.

I spent two weeks in Mussorie in the Himalaya's, lived for most of my time in New Delhi, visited old Delhi and drove to Agra for a day. This post however is just a summary, or introduction, my first attempt at a further breakdown of my experiences there. I guess overall, my memories of India are a fuzzy haze of heat and humidity, alot of tea, a combination of smells both amazing and awful, children who took a little piece of me and changed it completely, a family who took me in and gave me a home, a church who were their own family, stray dogs, ankle deep rain, new sisters, food I can never seem to match, peace, freedom.

So these are just a few photos, I didn't take many, there just never seemed an appropriate time.











2 comments:

  1. This trip certainly was a turning point for you....... I still have the bangle you brought back for me. Lovely post Caz! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you, please check back for my reponse. ♥